Are you a competent Database Administrator with experience of Oracle and/or MySQL? Are you keen to support engineering solutions within the Aerospace and Defence sector? If so, the following permanent role could be for you….
We are recruiting for a Database Administrator to work for a leading Defence organisation. This exciting role is condensed into 4 days per week with 2 days on site at their offices in Warminster, Wiltshire and 2 days remote.
As the Database Administrator, you will play a pivotal role in managing and maintaining critical database systems for the Systems. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a highly skilled engineering team, shape the future of our database capabilities, and contribute to the success of the projects.
Your responsibilities will include database management, system migrations, and ensuring the integrity and security of our database systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring production databases are online and available, ensuring application connectivity
- Ensuring databases are routinely backed up successfully and restores are tested.
- Ensuring all databases adhere to the latest releases/security patches where available
- Ensuring data from production is replicated in a timely and accurate manner into the data warehouse.
- Ensuring test environments are kept up to date with fresh data exports from production environments.
- Ensuring online Transaction Processing (OLTP) Cube is kept up to date with recent data and is processed successfully.
- Ensuring the Learning Management System (LMS) is up and operation with successful nightly syncs
You will have:
- Practical experience with relational databases, Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL.
- Strong understanding of Data modelling.
- Some experience in Front End application development.
- Experience in delivering technical presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience (desirable)
- Experience with web server deployment and management, ideally Wildfly and Apache Tomcat (desirable)
- Experience with version control ideally GIT (desirable)
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services development, deployment and debugging (desirable)
- Knowledge of OLTP data cube (desirable)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development
- You will be provided with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance.
- A 4 day working week (Monday-Thursday), a particular favourite amongst the team, giving you every Friday off, to spend more time doing the things you enjoy!!
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***