Exciting opportunity for a Naval Systems Engineer to work for a market leading Design and Manufacture business based in Plymouth.
The Naval Systems Engineer will assist in all phases across the complete systems engineering lifecycle; including requirements capture, system architecture design, and verification and validation activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Heading the specification, architectural design, and verification and validation of projects, including Safety Cases.
- Applying practical skills in design techniques for defence and commercial applications, understanding key process tools and technologies.
- Developing and applying knowledge of systems engineering to undertake and support various tasks and activities across the lifecycle, delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule.
- Producing block diagrams, detailed design drawings and supporting calculations.
- Practical evaluation of new and emerging technologies.
- Working closely with the wider engineering team to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems.
You will have:
- A strong academic background with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Proven technical knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management and system design. process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification.
- Previous experience of Naval or Military Systems (highly desirable).
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn