Are you an experienced Electrical Assembly Technician / Engineer looking for your next opportunity to support solutions within the Defence sector? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
My client is seeking a Multi Skilled Technician to join a global defence company that exports to other markets and operates in the UK, Australasia, Canada, France, and South Africa. Their plan is determined by their shared goal of building a safe and secure planet.
You will be responsible for:
- Working under the direction of a Team Leader or Project Manager and provide installation, as required, for electrical, data, fibre, mechanical and communication equipment at customer locations
- Delivering work to the highest standard, on time and to budget whilst working to the appropriate standards
- Assisting the Installation Team Leader to ensure that all installation related documentation is completed accurately and capable of submission to the customer for approval. This can be prior to undertaking any installation activities including method statements and risk assessments through to task completion test certification and input to operation and maintenance manuals
- Ensuring that appropriate engineering standards, as dictated by their standards, customer standards or professional bodies, are employed in all installation activities
- Ensuring you work in a safe and efficient manner at all times to produce quality assured products
- Will have exposure to mechanical and electrical discipline as a technician
- Will possess expertise in installing, terminating, and testing fibre optic systems, in addition to CAT 5/5e and CAT 6 installations and testing.
- You will completed your apprenticeship in electrical work or in terms of electrical installations, you have the City and Guilds parts 1 and 2, the City & Guilds 2391/2394/2395 certificate of inspection and testing, and the City & Guilds 2392 level 3 certificate of inspection and testing.
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
- *** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to DV level, you must be security clearable to apply for this role ***