Model Based Systems Engineers
Initial 12 Month Contract
Fully remote and Hybrid options available
£75-£80 Hour (Inside IR35)
Are you a highly skilled engineer with a passion for developing advanced technologies? Do you have experience in model-based systems engineering? If so, we have clients in the UK defence sector with opportunities for you!
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join project teams as Model-Based Systems Engineers.
Our client is a global defence, security, and aerospace company that delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. With a rich heritage of innovation, they strive to push the boundaries of technology and provide customers with cutting-edge solutions that meet their complex challenges.
As a Model-Based Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for applying advanced modelling techniques to design and develop complex systems. You will work closely with interdisciplinary teams to analyse requirements, architect system models, and validate system behaviour. Your expertise will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful delivery of our products and solutions to our customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define system requirements and develop system architecture models.
- Apply model-based systems engineering methodologies and tools to capture system requirements, behaviours, and interfaces.
- Conduct system analysis, trade studies, and simulations to assess system performance and validate design choices.
- Develop and maintain system models, including functional, physical, and behavioural aspects.
- Participate in design reviews and provide technical guidance and recommendations.
- Support the integration, testing, and verification of system components.
- Identify and resolve issues or risks related to system design and performance.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in model-based systems engineering and contribute to continuous process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience in model-based systems engineering, including the use of industry-standard tools such as SysML, UML, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering principles and methodologies.
- Proficiency in system modelling languages and tools (e.g., Cameo Systems Modeler, Enterprise Architect, or similar).
- Familiarity with systems engineering standards and processes (e.g., INCOSE, ISO 15288).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Prior experience in the defence, aerospace, or similar industries is a plus.
Join us at BAE Systems and be a part of our mission to deliver innovative solutions that protect and defend our nation and its allies.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications to our online application portal.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the nature of this role you will need to have excellent team skills, be self-motivated, fast-learning and have the ability to prioritise and manage your own work with minimal guidance.
Please be aware you will will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.