Join a world-renowned Aerospace and Defence organisation as a Mechanical Assembly Planner in Samlesbury.
Would you like to join a global Aerospace and Defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Mechanical Assembly Planner to join their growing team in Samlesbury on a 12 month contract. Rate is £20.54/hour (PAYE) or £26/hour Umbrella.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of a Mechanical Assembly Planner, you'll be responsible for:
- Liaison with the design organisation to provide design for manufacture input
- Creating manufacturing plans for Build Assembly Structure and for complete component manufacturing solutions covering:
- Processing the bill of material
- Maintaining design and engineering configuration control
- Identification of tooling requirements
- Identification of NC programming requirements
- Provision of shop floor support to the operations teams
- Capturing and embodying identified engineering and design change.
- Compliance with H&SE requirements and regulations
- Compliance with internal process and procedure
- Applying and supporting component condition of supply requirements
- Identifying product quality and cost saving opportunities
In addition, you'll also liaise with other manufacturing areas and engineering teams when needed.
To succeed within the role of a Mechanical Assembly Planner, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Knowledge and experience of Assembly Manufacturing processes including Design for Manufacture / Design for Assembly type activities
- A working knowledge of GD&T type activities including:
- Defining product Key Characteristics by interpreting the top-level product requirements and flowing down to lower level components.
- Application of statistical tolerance analysis.
- Ability to interpret / define GD&T requirements (ISO)
- Computer literate with good knowledge of standard office IT packages and Engineering Toolset knowledge including CATIA V5 (R28 preferred), PLM (or equivalent Product Data Manager), SAP CAM (computer Aided Manufacture) or SFM (Shop Floor Manager), CDP and VAS
In addition, any assembly engineering and manufacturing experience in the aerospace industry and/or an Engineering Degree or HNC/HND or recognised apprenticeship in similar field would be beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Develop Expertise
- Being appreciated and Valued
- Opportunity to influence
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn