Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly) - Samlesbury Based (Remote working) - 12 Month Contract - £29.99 an hour Umbrella Inside IR35
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Preston
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Process Planning, you will be responsible for ensuring that the original design intent is met in the finished product. Engineers will translate design information in the form of CAD models, drawings, material and manufacturing process specifications into repeatable processes as part of the Manufacturing Engineering Process, documenting the optimum manufacturing methods in written and/or pictorial instructions with due regard to cost and quality for new build and retro modification This is achieved by providing a documented, safe, capable repeatable method which will dictate the sequence of manufacturing or maintenance and tooling/equipment required for both assemblies and details. They are responsible for the creation of MBOMs reconcilable to the Design BOMs, inspection stages and quality records.
Experience & Qualifications
- Engineering Degree or HNC/HND or recognised apprenticeship and significant experience in the aerospace (or equivalent standard) industry
- Assembly engineering and manufacturing experience in the aerospace (or equivalent standard) industry
- Knowledge and experience of Assembly Manufacturing processes including Design for Manufacture / Design for Assembly type activities.
- A working knowledge of GD&T type activities including:
* Defining product Key Characteristics by interpreting the top level product requirements and flowing down to lower level components.
* Application of statistical tolerance analysis.
* Ability to interpret / define GD&T requirements (ISO)
- Computer literate with good knowledge of standard office IT packages
- Engineering Toolset knowledge, CATIA V5 (R28 preferred), PLM (or equivalent Product Data Manager), SAP CAM (computer Aided Manufacture) or SFM (Shop Floor Manager), CDP and VAS
- Proven history of managing development and implementation activities
- Ability to manage projects to cost and schedule
- Ability to manage unplanned events and work to tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at multiple organisational levels:
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn