Would you like to join a global aviation & aerospace organisation? Do you want to play a key part in the design and production of exciting new products?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their growing team in Cwmbran in Wales on a 6 month contract.
Within the role of Manufacturing Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Participate in design reviews throughout each phase of the new product introduction process. Make improvement suggestions and work with design engineers to implement a viable solution.
- Evaluate new product designs using 3D CAD model and mock-ups and log issues. Co-ordinate design for assembly/manufacture reviews and give feedback with improvement suggestions.
- Estimate build times and required number of stations for new production processes. Carry out line balancing of operations. Using lean principles, identify opportunities for improvement and make required changes to eliminate wastes
In addition, you'll also prepare and support PFMEA reviews, use the outcome to drive product and process improvements perform and identify production tooling and space requirements.
To succeed within the role of Manufacturing Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Background in Aerospace or Automotive Seating
- Experienced in verification and validation of product design work
- Experience in producing APQP & PPAP documentation - process flow, PFMEA, control plan, work instructions, MSA & capability studies and
In addition, any experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) will be helpful.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
- Achieve a work/life balance
- Work on long term contracts
- Develop your skills
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Manufacturing Engineer, please send your CV to Emily Stapley.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn