The person responsible for Leading and Managing the Operations Maintenance & FM teams across our Washington site. Responsible for the planned and unplanned interventions of the equipment to ensure maximum availability whilst managing the various budget streams to ensure the department operates in an affordable, efficient and Safe manner in line with statutory and local Health and Safety Legislation.
- Leads the site teams to ensure the day-to-day activities, including conflicts or differences are managed coordinated and prioritized accordingly
- Leading the teams to ensure time for Safety and Safe approach is first and foremost in all the activities undertaken.
- Act as a Role Model for Safety within the department and liaise with the Site Safety coordinators on all matters and issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of facilities management (mechanical & electrical) as well as the effective management of the maintenance strategy
- Responsible for key 3rd party supplier contracts for Facilities Management (Sodexo), Tooling (Burcas) and Waste Management (Veolia).
- Leads the planning and coordination of the training and competency for the site teams, including statutory, role and personal development for the workforce.
- Manage and control maintenance engineering resources available (personnel and financial) effectively in order to achieve required OEE levels and regulatory plant & equipment safety standards
- Manage and control energy, waste and facilities utilisation across the site together with the maintenance budget.
- The role also requires the individual to develop suitable spares stocking policies which deliver value at the lowest costs (via our Brammer contract)
- Management of resources across the site and team to maximize labour efficiencies against workload and skills of workforce.
- Management of the labour and non-labour IBP planning for the maintenance organization to provide cost effective services.
- Manage assigned departmental budgets, including; Minor and Major Revenue,
- Direct to Contract and overtime/attendance and report performance on monthly basis through local business review.
- Lead customer interfaces on monthly basis (CSR) for all areas to ensure appropriate cover and service support is achieved
- Report on the performance of the business area, identifying trends, potential problems and opportunities and proposes and implements ways in which performance can be improved Lead Strategic supplier relationships to ensure maximum affordable support and performance is continually achieved in line with business and customer requirements.
- Lead the coordination of the refurbishment and replacement planning for the site Production Equipment Sustaining to ensure the minimum levels of manufacturing asset availability is achieved in support of production demands
- Consider complex management and engineering challenges and present proposed resolutions through effective collective solutions that involve cross discipline peer group. Ensures the adoption of best practice tools and techniques to ensure problems are resolved at root cause and systemic issues are prevented from reoccurring through clearly defined and communicated process change
- Ability to filter, priorities, analyse dynamic situations and conflicting problems
- Appropriate Leadership framework competencies demonstrated through competency based assessment
- Ability to stakeholder manage both internal and external resources in parallel. Well-developed motivational skills, with the ability to galvanise the organisation at all levels to drive through un-planned events.
- Strong relationship developer internally as well as externally
- Effective communicator, who is able to conceptualise and articulate complex problems
- A high energy leader, with a focused and objective management style.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn