Are you an experienced DOORS practitioner keen to support solutions opportunities within the Aerospace sector industry? If so the following permanent role might be for you….
On behalf of my client, a leading Aerospace and Defence Electronics organisation based in Greater Manchester I am pleased to present the opportunity for a Lead Systems Engineer on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Chief Design Authority for Power Solutions, the Lead Systems Engineer role is responsible for providing engineering lifecycle Requirements Capture and tracking solutions during the design and development of bespoke electrical power and control systems products within Power Solutions Engineering.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the definition of System architectures from agreed System requirements.
- Contributing to traceable product System/sub-system design.
- Production of technical plans and documentation to support verification and validation activities.
- Ensure that both customer and derived design object requirements are met through design to requirements that can be qualified to the appropriate standard and are viable (using the Rational DOORS tool as an aid).
- Higher National Diploma or Degree in a Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering discipline (or equivalent).
- Final year project in a power electronics related discipline.
- Experience of the product development lifecycle from 'cradle to grave'.
- Extensive knowledge of the 'V' model for product development covering the certification 'journey' from Requirements Capture to Final Certification.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of Rational DOORS requirements management software and its complete feature set.
- Awareness of the basic principles of Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Experience of Aerospace Avionic Systems Engineering.
- VHDL experience (Top Level).
- Awareness of Quality Engineering practices.
- Awareness of Defence, Military and Aerospace Standards/processes, e.g. RTCA DO-254, etc.
* You'll receive a very competitive salary (£££ offered depends on level of experience), an early Friday finish and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this roles require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn