The individual in this role will manage a small project, or a part of a larger, more complex project, (such as a particular work package), or will support a Project Manager or Head of Project with aspects of managing a larger project. The role may be that of a Control Account Manager with specific responsibilities for the performance of particular Control Accounts as part of the project's control regime.
At this level the incumbent may lead a small team of professional staff (typically up to 5), being responsible for managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development. They will have a level of experience in one or more areas of PM practice and be expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
- Accountable as a member of the Project Management team for supporting development and implementation of appropriately tailored PM practices.
- May have supervisory responsibilities for up to 5 staff.
- Expected to provide technical support to team members.
- Accountable for ensuring one or more aspects of PM practices in the project are suitable for purpose.
- In some businesses, the incumbent would have a budget between £1M to £10M per annum, but typically, the budget responsibility would be at a higher level.
- Problem solving most likely to apply in an existing Business environment and also in a new Business environment.
- Good understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business, so as to be able to support implementation of appropriate PM approaches.
- Applies problem solving techniques to situations of moderate complexity in the field of PM, taking requirements and data from internal (project) sources and external (customer, competitor and academic) areas.
- An ability to gather information. Supports development of solutions and of implementation approaches.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn