Are you an experienced Systems Engineer with LabVIEW / TestStand experience looking for your next opportunity supporting solutions with the Aerospace and Defence sector? If so, the following permanent role might be for you….
My client is a leading cross-industry provider of complex test systems; providing solutions to the major Aerospace, Defence & Space Primes as well as the platform manufacturers and defence contractors.
They are looking for a Systems Engineer with LabVIEW / TestStand experience, (could also consider a LabVIEW / Teststand developer aspiring to be a Systems Engineer), to support their Strategic Programmes Business Unit with all of our day-to-day design and development requirements.
The successful candidate will be involved with the development of LabVIEW / TestStand application test packages to provide data acquisition and interfacing to sensors and instrumentation.
This Engineering role is a great chance to enhance your career and gain huge experience solving problems.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing modular test systems used across a number of industries such as Space, Air, Military and Nuclear.
- Working on projects from start to finish:
- Requirements capture :concept, specification and feasibility of solution
- Design and development
- Supporting production (during manufacturing phase)
- Drive the commissioning and validation of the system
- Play key role in the final acceptance of the equipment
- Working closely with our customers and contribute to their overall test strategy
- Experience of Systems architecture of Automatic Test Equipment
- Software, design, development and coding (LabVIEW, TestStand) experience
- High level of Hardware Design and knowledge of Analog/Digital electronics
- Qualified to Bachelor Degree or higher in one of the following: Software, Electronics or Physics
- Minimum of 5 years' experience, at least 2 years in Systems Design role
- Experience in using high speed technologies and COTS instruments
- Previous experience in a similar engineering role with an advanced electrical engineering company (desirable)
- Software, design and coding in other languages such as Python, C++/ JAVA and Windows programming including .NET (desirable)
- Knowledge in digital buses (A429, RSxxx, CAN, Ethernet, AFDX) (desirable)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including private healthcare, very generous pension (4%/8%) and 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***