Java Developers urgently required to join a market leading organisation responsible for delivering next generation communications and intelligence solutions for law enforcement.
*this is a hybrid role working from the Guildford office with the rest of the time working from home.
Working within small, focused teams, you will work on some of the latest technologies to ingest millions of records per second into massively scalable data stores - these are true Big Data systems. You'll be involved with contributing to systems design and development decisions affecting the integration of existing and future systems.
You will join a set of strong agile development teams, working at our Guildford office in a relaxed, friendly but technically challenging area of the business - we also regularly work from home. You will work within strongly customer focused teams where "DevOps culture" is an absolutely core part of the how we do engineering.
You will join teams which have a strong history of promoting from within, and therefore offer the opportunity to take your career to the next level - in an internationally recognised business.
You will be responsible for:
- Full lifecycle software development in Java.
- Successful delivery of high quality incremental software releases directly into the Cloud.
- Participation in large scale system integrations, regular demos, training and business development activities.
- Support continuous improvement by researching alternative technologies, tools and methods.
You will have:
- At least 2 years of professional software development using Java.
- Experience writing tests for existing and new code to ensure compatibility and stability
- Experience in using different types of source control (preferably Git), be familiar with continuous integration, test-driven development and be prepared to use Agile development techniques to incrementally deliver working software.
Any of the following would offer a distinct advantage:
- Microservice Architecture
- Apache Maven
- Apache Hadoop, Kafka or Camel.
- Big Data Platforms
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn