IT Security Operational Assurance Security Lead - Remote Working from home - 12 Month Contract - £60.50 PAYE or £66.85 Umbrella per hour Inside IR35
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based Remotely.
Daily accountabilities of the role:-
- Monitoring key critical security controls within the estate to ensure effectiveness and identifying where failings are occurring
- Maintaining an operational overview of all security controls required to meet compliance with regulatory, HMG accreditation and company polices and standards. Where failures of effectiveness occur they are to be identified as findings and tracked to resolution
- Auditing and Assuring Third Party Service Providers against operational security requirements as defined in their contracts and where appropriate.
- Assessing as required to assist and implement any regulatory frameworks are met and implemented such as ISO20000,ISO27001 and CE+
- Organising and overseeing internal and external Pen tests to assess control effectiveness and support compliance and accreditation requirements
- Working in conjunction with the EITS Service Operations Teams to manage the security aspects of service delivery of UK Service Providers including representing Information Security in Service Review Meetings
- Review ing and assuring externally provided Security Services to maximise the service benefits; recommending changes and improvements as appropriate
- Contributing to root cause analyses of major security incidents affecting and following security findings through to completion with Business Group, SI and Service Provider stakeholders
- Assuring the security impact of changes to the enterprise IT infrastructure and recommending remedial actions to ensure compliance with security policy and standards
- Assisting with security reporting providing evidence of assurance around key security control effectiveness
- Representing the Information Security Authority at monthly Tower Service Reviews where specific security issues need to be review ed or addressed
Experience required for this role:-
- Strong track records of auditing or assuring the security of services in the Government sector (or commercial organisations bound by HMG standards)
- Strong analytical background with the ability to analyse and interpret large and complex data sets and articulate observations, conclusions and recommendations to senior audiences
- In-depth know ledge of HMG and industry standard security policy, standards and good practice guidance and their application to a variety of IT solutions processing protectively marked information
- Wide ranging knowledge of application, Infrastructure and security technologies and in-depth know ledge of implementing them in a secure configuration
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) preferably in a related discipline.
- CLAS or CISSP/CISA/CISM qualification desirable but not essential
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex subjects to a variety of audiences, pulling out key issues and decision points.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills for managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and dealing with escalations.
- Capable of a very high standard of written communication including experience of writing complex reports and giving formal presentations.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage workload and priorities based on demand from multiple different projects and initiatives.
- Strong team working ethic and strives to meet personal and team objectives.
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn