We are looking to recruit an experienced Infrastructure Virtualisation Engineer into our team in Gloucester supporting solutions in Cyber Security and Digital transformation.
The Infrastructure Virtualisation Engineer will be responsible for the architecture, design, delivery, operation and control of on-prem/private cloud IT infrastructures with a non-exclusive focus on virtualisation required to deliver IT services/products to meet the needs of the business or client.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to maintenance, installation and problem resolution
- Carrying out physical and virtual infrastructure/storage builds and rebuilds
- Contributing to the creation, improvement and maintenance of accurate documentation
- Supporting the pro-active maintenance of IT platforms, ensuring secure and efficient operation, following recognised best practice
- Contributing to the build and implementation of small / medium sized projects following detailed architectural designs, contributing to the test and transition to the target solution
You will have:
- Experience working with Windows and Linux Operating systems, with demonstrable administrative and configuration skills.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware vSphere (vCenter, ESXi) preferably to version 6.7 or 7.
- Strong working knowledge of SAN / NAS / VMware vSAN and iSCSI / FCoE storage networking best practice.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware NSX-V preferably to version 6.4.x and good understanding of Cross-vCenter NSX configuration and Micro-segmentation.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) preferably to version 8.x and experience of conducting site recovery tests.
- Good working knowledge of VMware Horizon (AppVolumes, AppStacks) preferably to version 7 or 8.
- Working knowledge of networking, including VPNs, OSI model, routing, VLANs, and firewalling
- Experience with monitoring/alerting tools such as Solarwinds (desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS and NTP/PTP (desirable)
- PowerShell, PowerCLI, Ansible, Puppet or other automation tool experience (desirable)
- Familiarity with or a keen interest in one or more of the three major cloud providers: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (desirable)
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn