Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Human Factors Engineer to join their existing team in Plymouth (hybrid working) on a 12 month contract.
As a Human Factors Engineer, you will be involved in the preparation of Human Factors Substantiation Reports (HFSRs). This substation includes the following processes:
- Development of Fault Trees
- Calculation of an Initial Human Error Probability (I-HEP) using expert knowledge and experience and taking into consideration the context of the human events (e.g. Performance Shaping Factors (PSFs) and Error Producing Conditions (EPCs)).
In addition, you will also provide guidance on the integration of Human Factors into the design and safety processes in accordance with the business management system (AGILITY).
To succeed within the role of a Human Factors Engineer, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- Relevant behavioural science / Human Factors degree or significant experience in relevant behavioural science / Human Factors discipline with NVQ Level 4 in a behavioural science discipline and be registered as a Chartered Engineer (or be working towards chartered status)
- Background in nuclear/radiological safety
- Understanding of Human Factors within engineering design and safety practice
Please note that due to security nature of this role, candidates must have lived in the UK in the last 5 years and be eligible for SC Clearance.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!