Hardware Engineer - 12-month initial contract opportunity!
A great opportunity has come along with one of the UK's leading Aerospace & Defence businesses who are currently looking to recruit a Hardware Engineer to work at one of their busiest sites. The role is an initial 12-month contract and is paying £30.06 per hour (inside IR35) there is a view of starting the right candidate ASAP.
The Role: Hardware Engineer
Contract: 12-months initially plus extensions
Rate: £40.61 per hour
Location: Broad-Oak based, hybrid/remote opportunities
IR35 status: Inside IR35.
Hardware Engineer to be a part of the Maritime Multi Link (MML) Hardware team responsible for undertaking a defined range of hardware engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements, associated with the MML programme. This programme will provide UK forces with the enhanced means to disseminate, and exploit coherently, tactical data and information across the battlespace.
The role could be based in either Dorchester or Portsmouth and will broadly consist of requirements management, designing, procuring, building and delivering acceptance events of COTS/MOTS cabinets.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in equipment design and development using COTS/MOTS hardware and industrial standard computer technology and bespoke interfaces.
- Experience with bespoke cabinet design, wiring schedules, power distribution etc.
- Experience of hardware build, integration and testing at system level.
- A good understanding of Product Safety and Design Certification
- An understanding of Qualification and Environmental compliance testing
- An excellent team player with strong communication skills and an ability to work independently at pace with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of current Naval Combat System Equipment based on COTS/MOTS technology across the lifecycle phases including physical aspects Experience in Naval Combat System Equipment build, manufacture, physical integration, installation and acceptance
- Experience of working with sub-contractors
- Minimum 5 Years experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
- Experience within a Naval Combat Systems Development Environment across multiple lifecycle phases.
- Good understanding of Life Cycle Management & the Engineering Lifecycle
- Knowledge of CMS & Tactical Data Links
If you are interested in this contract, please contact Sophie Tully at JAM Recruitment and send your CV over to s.tully(at)jamrecruitment.co.uk
If this isn't the role for you, but you know of someone who could be interested, JAM operates a referral scheme. You can earn yourself £200 in vouchers for the successful placement of a candidate you refer to us, so get in touch.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn