Opportunities like this don't come around often… would you like the challenge of supporting a business making an impact on some of the biggest projects in the UK defence market right now? Do you have what it takes? Yes? Then this is the job for you!!
Due to continued investment, this manufacturing business at the cutting edge of technology is searching for the perfect Hardware Design Engineer to join their growing team in Portsmouth on an initial 12-month contract. This role pays £43.87 per hour via Umbrella.
The successful candidate will be awarded with this phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the Hardware Design Engineer role, you'll be responsible for:
* Prepare hardware specifications, develop hardware designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out hardware design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
* Carry out complex hardware analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of hardware options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
* Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
To succeed within the Hardware Engineer Design role, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* Ability to operate in a large, complex multi-project environment
* Possesses good knowledge in a number of the following areas:
* COTS Hardware
* Hardware design aspects
* Electrical Engineering
* Platform installation
* Environmental testing
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Hardware Engineer, please send your CV to the Aerospace and Defence team via the 'apply now' button.
Not currently available? We'd still like to hear from you! This business is growing considerably in the upcoming months, and JAM will be supporting with the pipelining for their contract labour.
***PLEASE NOTE: Start dates are imminent so apply now!!!***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn