Are you an experienced FPGA Engineer passionate about working with cutting edge technology supporting safety critical solutions with the Defence sector? If so, the following permanent role might be for you!
My client is a market leader and well known brand operating within the Submarines business responsible for the design, manufacture, supply and through-life support of nuclear propulsion-related products and systems in support of the Royal Navy's submarine fleet.
We have a range of roles available, from graduate entry through to experienced developers. We are interested in hearing from anyone who can make a strong contribution to our work.
You will work within our safety critical firmware development team across all design phases of the firmware lifecycle. The team uses agile SCRUM methods to develop high integrity firmware applications adopting the latest state-of-the-art toolsets.
In addition, you will be engaged in the development of bespoke software toolsets in support of the deliverable equipment firmware.
You will be responsible for:
- You will follow a DevOps-based firmware development lifecycle to deliver customer requirements by:
- Developing high-level firmware requirements using DOORS,
- Creating architectural designs,
- Defining low level requirements and detailed designs,
- Writing VHDL and Verilog HDL code using Sigasi Studio,
- Simulating HDL designs at unit, integration and system level using Mentor Graphics QuestaSIM,
- Undertaking synthesis, place and route and static timing analysis using Synopsis Synplify, targeting Xilinx FPGAs,
- Developing Python scripts for process automation,
- Operating continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) toolsets,
- Managing change control and configuration management using GIT,
- Qualified to degree, or HND level,
- In Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline,
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to become familiar with new techniques and tools,
- Experienced and talented programmable hardware engineer.
- Experienced in digital electronics design,
- Experienced in programmable logic device design,
- Experienced in real-time systems
- Awareness of safety-critical development constraints (e.g. IEC62566)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (£££ offered depends on level of experience) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn