My client, a large and growing manufacturer of heat exchangers across oil and gas industries, is looking to recruit a Finance / Business Operations Analyst to work on a permanent basis from their award winning site in Poole, Dorset.
This role provides analysis of the organisation's commercial projects of the business leadership team. There will be a key focus on project cost management and margin reporting against budgets and KPI's. The role is very much hands on and will require effective working across Projects, Finance, Systems, Engineering and Procurement.
This role will provide support to Projects to complete effective FCC progress reviews and will ensure cost variances are assessed, understood and fed back into the Master costing process.
You will be responsible for:
- Ongoing review of live project performance compared with budgets/forecasts - followed by documentation and reporting thereof
- Review project budgets ahead of Gates 2 and 3 as part of multidisciplinary PLM process
- Deep dive analysis into problem Projects
- Develop effective link between lessons learned and development of Master cost tool or costing processes
- Improving project margin management methods and revenue/margin forecasting with optimal use of data, ERP, Power BI and other tools - part of CI regime
- Supporting Finance in completion of revenue and margin financial forecasts for Projects (med and long term)
- Supporting internal and external audit testing of status of commercial projects
You will have:
- Finance background, ideally part qualified
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, procedures and standards policy and procedure development techniques
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Good ability to research and analyse data effectively
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to influence stakeholders & keen attention to detail
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including generous bonus, 8% matched pension, 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development. Plus of course an early finish on a Friday!!
How to apply:
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn