Our client is a market leading Design and Manufacturing business supporting cutting edge technologies that supply into the Aerospace and Defence sector.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to provide Field Support to our customers to ensure the stable operation of our hardware & software products, which include fire control systems, Naval electro-optical surveillance systems and land/vehicle surveillance systems. This will involve installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all products and systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Installation of new products at customer sites.
- After sales support and servicing to customers.
- Generating post site visit reports with clear analysis of situation to include any recommendations and/or future actions in a clear and well-structured format.
- Managing return to base repairs.
- Supporting the sales team in demos and trials for customers.
- Testing and evaluating potential new equipment, sensors/cameras etc., with Sales and Engineering.
- Technical information support for installation/commissioning documents.
- Preparation of risk assessments and SSOW's for installation/commissioning activities.
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement
You will have:
- Previous experience, knowledge, and exposure within the military with responsibility for naval, army or air force complex systems maintenance.
- Electronics knowledge, including microcontrollers with an understanding of basic control theory - servo tuning is required with a basic understanding of radar, optics, and communications systems
- Competent mechanical and electro-mechanical skills and understanding.
- An ability to demonstrate a strong understanding and proficiency with electrical, mechanical and software.
- Excellent commercial, relationship management and communication skills with key stakeholders and customers
- Clean driving licence with class C1 (desirable, not essential)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 26 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn