Are you an experienced Facilities Engineering Manager keen to support solutions within the manufacturing sector? If so, the following permanent role could be for you….
My client is a leading manufacturer of custom-made steel door solutions in Stoke on Trent. They are looking for a Facilities Engineering Manager to join them ASAP on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge into technical / engineering operations and be familiar with facilities management practices. This job is best suited to a candidate with strong organisational skills and experience in people management.
You will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the preventative and reactive maintenance and implementation of the site infrastructures, the Maintenance Team and their activities, in line with company policies, goals and objectives to ensure and maintain a smooth, efficient working environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Devising a Maintenance Plan to help minimise machinery and equipment down-time
- Overseeing and managing the Maintenance Team in their operation and maintenance of the site infrastructure, equipment and utilities
- Performing systems and facilities evaluations to determine repair / maintenance needs
- Inspecting site structures to determine repair and renovation requirements
- Organising, supervising and carrying out proactive, planned maintenance and unplanned fixing of on-site machinery, tools, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, lighting etc
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and related supplies to meet health and safety standards and all regulatory compliance
- Assisting with Team Training and activities relating to continuing professional development
- Managing departmental budget.
- Hold relevant engineering / electrical / maintenance qualifications
- Proven experience in a similar role involving managing a Team
- Well-versed in technical / engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Knowledge of safety and quality standards
- Demonstrable organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM) Qualification (desirable)
- BSc / BA in Facility Management (desirable)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.