Are you an experienced Engineering Project Leader keen to support solutions within the Aerospace and Defence sector? If so, this could be the right role for you…
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for an Engineering Project Leader join their existing team in Cwmbran (hybrid working) on a permanent basis.
This key position wiLL help to develop and expand the capabilities of the engineering services team and will help support the developments of their Aerospace Cabin interior activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Effective planning of engineering projects including design, product development, testing and airworthiness approvals.
- Creation of coherent Work Breakdown Structures & Product Breakdown Structures
- Creation of robust engineering plans and delivering under gated processes (MER, PROMPT, PLS)
- Effective management of costs, resources and requirements
- Generating and maintaining customer product specifications
- Effective management of Work packages (Safran partners, Outsource providers)
- Taking ownership of providing any relevant Key Performance Indicators and/or relevant metrics for the project under their responsibility.
- Managing engineering changes through the engineering functions to support project delivery.
- Assessing and managing technical risks to avoid adverse project impact.
- Supporting problem solving initiatives.
- Communicating efficiently and clearly with internal and external suppliers and customers.
- Degree level or equivalent, MSc preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Engineering disciplines.
- Project Management experience (desirable)
- Experience Product development and associated processes
- Systems Engineering experience - Requirements Engineering, MBSE, Functional design
- Mechanical, electrical and systems design experience
- Configuration Management
- DFMEA, PFMEA
- Cognisant of the current industry standards, including FAA, EASA & CAA regulations, in the field of aircraft interior certification (desirable)
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development
- Hybrid working - 2-3 days a week in the office, 2-3 from home
- You will be provided with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance.
- Early finish on a Friday - a particular favourite within the team!