Embedded Software Developers C++ - Multiple opportunities at all levels
My client is a market leader and well known Defence contractor operating within the areas of supporting government and businesses around the world.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work as software developers in one of our customer-facing product teams. Relevant industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a strong academic background and the ability to learn quickly.
We have a range of roles available, from graduate entry through to experienced developers. We are interested in hearing from anyone who can make a strong contribution to our work.
You will be responsible for:
- High performance application design and development in C++ and related languages.
- Developing and deploying software which typically includes low level development (eg real-time software, drivers, embedded software etc.) and requires an understanding of the underlying hardware systems.
- Managing technical tasks/projects and people
- Customer-facing delivery, sometimes to challenging deadlines.
- Customer-facing technical consultancy
- Working towards gaining the experience required to take technical lead roles.
- Mentoring and coaching junior colleagues
You will have:
- A strong academic background typically in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics with a 2:1 or 1st class degree. PhD applicants also encouraged.
- Ability to produce high-quality software
- Understanding of low-level computing concepts
- Development on and for Linux based embedded systems (desirable)
- Range of other development skills, including C (for embedded systems), Java, HTML5, React/Redux, Python, GDB (desirable)
- Modern software development methodologies such as Agile and Test Driven Development (desirable)
You'll receive a very competitive salary (£££ offered depends on level of experience) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note these roles require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***