Electronic Design Engineer - Christchurch Based - 12 Month Contract - £48.48 an hour Umbrella Inside IR35.
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Christchurch.
As an Electronic Design Engineer, you will report to the Lead Systems Engineer and Project Design Authority as applicable. Your responsibilities will include innovative design of technical solutions, implementation or technical subcontract management of proposed solutions including verification activities. You will also be required to undertake problem identification, diagnosing and solving.
As part of the engineering team, you will be expected to work closely with your team members across the engineering activities.
- Designing components to meet stringent environmental requirements (e.g. extreme temperatures, vibrations, humidity, pressure…) and EMC, EMI/EME, TEMPEST requirements
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Technical Management/liaison with Engineers/Customer/Suppliers
- A good understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle and development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance),
- A good understanding configuration management
- Defence industry experience
- Engineering related tools (e.g. requirements management, modelling and defect reporting systems)
- Strong experience of COTS integration and 'System of Systems' design.
- Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
- Awareness of associated DEF-STANS
- Knowledge of product approval process to meet CE, UKCA & other design certification processes/standards.
For more information please contact Lauren Morley at JAM Recruitment for a confidential chat. Or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn