A well respected engineering organisation is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are currently looking to recruit a Detail Designer- Piping to join their dedicated team of technical professionals. The role is based in Glasgow and is for an initial 6 month duration. There is a rate of £28Ltd Per Hour on offer for the successful candidate. Please find the description below:
· Operate within the functionality of the appropriate tools and techniques (e.g. Foran and CE) as directed by his/her supervisor.
· Produce and develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
· Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a team.
· Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes
· To identify personal training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements in own discipline.
· Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
· Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
· Be cognisant of assigned budgets,
· Advise/instruct apprentices and trainees of similar discipline in the technical content of work.
· Perform self-verification of own tasks and undertake cross checking of other draughtspersons work as requested to ensure completeness and quality of information.
· Answer Technical queries about his/her own work and that of subordinates within their level of knowledge and competency.
· Act as a member of a technical team created to accomplish tasks of a specialist nature (e.g. Liaison Draughting team, best practice team).
· Appreciates and can articulate the value of the engineering lifecycle and the relationship to the Lifecycle Management Process. Appreciates that there are technical reviews to ensure product viability.
· Appreciates and can articulate the need to ensure that products are acceptably safe and that product and system safety assessments form part of the design process.
· Has had some exposure to regulatory and statutory requirements of the product and understands potential liabilities.
· Appreciates the need for a supportability engineering process to sustain the long term viability of the business. Understands that supportability goes beyond basic design, maintenance and operability requirements.
Simply click on the apply button now.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn