Our client who design, develop and manufacture complex Electro-Mechanical equipment for the Defence Industry are currently recruiting for a Commercial Contracts Manager to provide negotiation on MOD contracts and support the MD with commercial activities.
The ideal candidate will have been involved with the negotiation and administration of contracts for the UK Governments Ministry of Defence and other agencies. You will support the Senior Commercial Manager in delivering the Commercial activities, working with the Business Development and Bid Management Team in developing commercial solutions in response to tenders issued by the UK Government, Overseas Governments and major OEM's.
You will be responsible for:
- Being the focal point for commercial activities in the tender process on behalf of our client
- Managing the negotiations with customers of contract terms and conditions
- Ensuring that contracting risk (technical, financial, contractual) is captured and managed
- Building and maintaining effective customer and partner relationships, liaise with internal stakeholders and providing support to the Senior Commercial Manager including acting as a delegate where required.
- Supporting the Supply Chain team in the drafting and negotiation of sub-contracts for both goods and services
- Providing the Project Management team with commercial advice and support
You will have:
- Broad based knowledge of, and at least five years' experience working within, the defence industry
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience of the International and UK defence contracting environment
- A detailed understanding of pricing, contract terms and conditions
- Previous experience in working across internal and external business boundaries
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn