Exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist / Research Analyst to work for a market leading organisation specialising in Electronics Systems supporting the Aerospace and Defence sector.
We are looking for a Graduate with around 3 years' experience to join a small team working on a variety of interesting mathematical/numerical modelling, signal processing and data analysis tasks.
The successful candidate will work as part of a small team of Research Analyst undertaking a variety of tasks relating primarily to sonar and the underwater environment. The work will range from theoretical modelling to experiments and data analysis, and will involve algorithm and software development.
The Data Scientist will support work throughout the project lifecycle, which will include:
- Contributing to technical proposals;
- Undertaking exploratory research, mathematical and numerical modelling;
- Developing algorithms and associated software in languages such as Python and MATLAB;
- Intensive data analysis (large datasets, multidimensional and disparate data);
- Reporting and presentations.
You will have:
- 3 years' industrial or academic experience in areas such as mathematical/numerical modelling, sensor signal processing (e.g. sonar/radar) and data science
- Algorithm and software development experience (desirable)
- Experience presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with attractive benefits package and an opportunity to make your mark within a forward-thinking organisation.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn