Do you want to work at the forefront of technology? Are you a Data Scientist interested in supporting solutions and growth within the UK and Government Defence sector? If so, the following permanent role may be right for you…
My client is a market leading intelligence body who are looking for experienced Data Scientists to take their career to the next level joining the team working in Guildford on a hybrid basis.
You will be responsible for:
* Understanding data manipulation and analysis techniques ranging from data aggregation and Management Information reporting (MI), to statistical-based analytics such as propensity modelling and segmentation, to advanced approaches such as machine learning and predictive analytic approaches.
* Exploiting analytical technology including knowledge of coding languages (e.g. R, Python, etc.)
* Engaging with client stakeholders to understand and document the existing data landscape; provides guidance to clients where appropriate regarding data privacy & security guidelines.
You will have:
* Experience of applying a variety of statistical, analytical and presentational techniques
* A solid grounding in scripting or relevant software development languages (e.g. Python).
* A good understanding of Open Source software (particularly in the area of Big Data) and can evaluate these platforms against COTS products. Able to combine different components (from both Open Source and COTS) appropriately for the use case.
* Experience of developing and maintaining specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles and a detailed knowledge of database architectures, software and facilities.
* An understanding of advanced data analytic concepts such as Machine Learning.
You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
How to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn