Are you an experienced Component Design Engineer passionate about working with cutting edge technology supporting safety critical solutions with the Defence sector? Are you experienced with Siemens NX? If so, the following permanent role might be for you!
My client is a market leader and well known brand operating within the Submarines business responsible for the design, manufacture, supply and through-life support of nuclear propulsion-related products and systems in support of the Royal Navy's submarine fleet.
The successful Component Design Engineer will be responsible for delivering component design engineering capability into the Dreadnought Programme.
You will be responsible for the on-time delivery and quality of component design definition artefacts against programme milestones i.e. documents, models, definitions that meet sub-system / part level requirements.
In this role you will involve driving NPI projects through the supply chain with a clear link to our customers' needs which will be monitored by BAE and MoD.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering design solutions for components and complex assemblies in consideration of safety, manufacturing capability, product physical and functional robustness. Design solutions should also consider Unit Cost, Weight, Maintainability and Repair
- Delivering definition to appropriate stakeholder groups' requirements e.g. manufacturing (external), project customers, analysis teams in accordance with associated agreed routes.
- Creating and using automated and integrated tool sets TCeng and NX to articulate design intent. Quality Assurance through checking of design documents, models, drawings in accordance with RRMS technical requirements.
- Carrying out analyses using formula-based calculations and/or automated workflows for dimensioning of parts and components (e.g. stability, stiffness, profiles, balance point, weights) and where appropriate, using analytical rules, tools and methods to underwrite the design solution against requirements.
- Creating technical documents to comply with process, knowledge management, information and data policies.
- Planning, managing and executing external designs via orders placed at design service providers or suppliers with design and production authorisation for complete devices (Design only / Design and Make Package) leading to approval of the designs and all documents.
- Managing product configuration and assure data integrity.
- Executing sub-system integration process including the appropriate use of Systems Engineering and Robust Design tools to ensure that the technical attributes of the Sub-system design meet the agreed requirements.
- Degree level in an engineering discipline either mechanical or manufacturing environment.
- Currently recognised or aspiring to become IEng or CEng accredited- desirable,
- Experience cooperating with multi-disciplined teams.
- Good technical knowledge in mechanical design methodologies and understands cross discipline engineering concepts which include but are not limited to manufacturing engineering, mechanical analysis, cost engineering and product definition.
- Good understanding of NX toolset for modelling and drawing creation linked with strong GD&T understanding.
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (£££ offered depends on level of experience) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***