Communications and Platform Engineer - Christchurch Based - 12 Month Contract - £48.01 an hour INSIDE IR35
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence organisations based in Christchurch.
As a Communications & Platform Engineer we have a number of projects and prospects, where you will work closely with our Technical Managers and Integration Engineers to translate customer requirements into compelling designs, while integrating systems to provide operational information to our armed forces through secure communications paths to provide them with competitive advantage in the battlespace.
Your main responsibilities as a Communications Engineer may involve some of:
- Understanding and interpreting customer requirements to create or sustain secure communications systems of the future
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of secure communications technologies
- Evolve and innovate existing networks to exploit latest evolutionary technologies
- Overseeing the mechanical and electrical installation of equipment into military platforms
- Design of assemblies to house COTS and Military IT equipment
- Planning for acceptance and trials
- Create statements of work for supply chain and subcontracted services
Your skills as a Communications Engineer could include some of:
- Track record of Enterprise, Project or System Level Design Solutions
- System design methodologies
- Communications Systems (Radio, SATCOMS, LTE)
- Mast and Antenna Systems
- Information Systems (Operational Planning, Recognised Picture)
- Physical and Electrical Safety, Security and Environmental compliance
- TEMPEST, EMC, co-site interference
- Thermal modelling and design of system cooling
- Containerisation of Military and COTS equipment
- Technical documentation production and breakdown of equipment required
Beneficial understanding of,
- MoD contracts and bids
- Military IT, communications , platforms, gateways, networking systems
- Security architectures, system integration, virtualisation, cloud, accreditation
- Integration of systems into military vehicles and platforms
- Acceptance, trials, demonstrations and delivery processes
For more information please contact Lauren Morley on 0161 905 7916 or click apply.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn