Outstanding opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to work for an advanced communication technologies organisation operating in the military industry.
The ideal candidate will have been involved with the negotiation and administration of contracts for the UK Government Ministry of Defence and other agencies.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the preparation and submission of commercial proposals, including the preparation of responses to contract conditions and the management of the Request for Bid Approvals
- Formulating and obtaining approval for all agreements to be entered into as prime or sub contractor, and to enter into all contractual commitments with customers
- Managing the negotiations with customers of contract terms and conditions, including price and payment, leading to contract award and acceptance.
- Managing effective contract execution through the lifecycle, from the issue of internal authorisation through to contract closure.
- Providing Commercial governance accordance with the requirements appropriate commercial policies and processes.
- Supporting the Project Management team with the drafting and negotiation of sub-contracts for both goods and services.
- Supporting the Business Development team with the drafting of teaming and other collaborative arrangements.
You will have:
- Broad based knowledge of, and experience working within, the defence industry.
- Wide experience of the UK defence contracting environment, with a detailed understanding of pricing, contract terms and conditions, financing and funding mechanisms and a working knowledge of contract law.
- Previous experience in working across internal and external business boundaries.
- Relevant experience in the conduct and conclusion of contract negotiations with customers.
Initially, this is expected to be a part time role of around twenty hours per week - there is total flexibility around start times and days in the office.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn