Are you a competent CNC Machinist keen to support manufacturing solutions with the Aerospace and Defence sector? If so, the following permanent role could be for you…
My client is a global aerospace, defence and security company who are seeking a CNC Miller and Turner to be based at their head office in Bedfordshire on a permanent basis.
*this role is offered on a 4 day working week basis*
The successful candidate will join a thriving and modern environment working within a CNC precision machine shop environment as a skilled CNC Miller and Turner. You will have the ability to program, set fixtures and tooling and operate CNC MC's to produce R&D for high value one off or low volume production component parts.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of machining processes and tooling/fixture design.
- Tool selection and setting of machine tools.
- Working to specifications, procedures and engineering drawings.
- Identifying and developing improvements to work procedures/processes with engineering team.
- Problem solving machining issues and facilitate corrective action plans.
- Managing workload in order to meet deliverables
- Demonstrating high quality standards and support improvement initiatives.
You will have:
- Ability to work from detailed engineering drawings producing conforming products
- CNC Milling experience.
- Ability to program/post process using Fanuc & Heidenhain languages.
- Understanding and execution of CAD/CAM software.
- Conversant with multi-axis machining methods (3 to 6 axis).
- Good knowledge of inspection techniques and measuring equipment.
- General engineering workshop practices and proven Manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work from written and verbal process instructions.
- Ability to work independently from concept through to manufacture.
- Adherence and accountability of Housekeeping and 6S standards within defined work area.
- Adherence to mechanical and manual Lifting processes.
- High level of CoSHH and H&S awareness.
- Competent computer skills including MS-office, MRP systems.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
* You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development
* You will be provided with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance.
* A 4 day working week (Monday-Thursday), a particular favourite amongst the team, giving you every Friday off, to spend more time doing the things you enjoy!!
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***