My client, a market leader supporting solutions with the Aerospace, Defence and Energy markets, are looking for a Category Manager to work on a permanent basis (hybrid working) from their site in Coventry.
As the Category Manager - Professional Services, you will develop, procure approval, and execute indirect commodity strategies within Professional Services, across specific sites, divisions or globally.
You will be responsible for:
- Development, documentation and implementation of commodity strategies, ensuring alignment of all stakeholders.
- Ensuring the material for category management supports standardised processes, document lessons learned and good practice, and deliver improved operational efficiency.
- Sourcing new products and services in line with Meggitt policies, processes, strategy and best practice.
- Engaging with stakeholders in a matrix, to ensure that the Indirect Services sourcing activities aligns to key operational objectives and expectations.
- Acting as an Ambassador of the central Procurement organization with internal stakeholders and external suppliers, supporting divisions/sites in delivery of annual cost, Quality & delivery objectives for assigned commodities.
- Developing and deploying Indirect Procurement processes, practices and reporting, to drive continuous improvement and align activities across Meggitt.
- Managing stakeholders and key suppliers through routine effective business reviews, to understand influence vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges.
You will have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and CIPS Qualified
- Experience in a Strategic Category Management role with a strong grasp of Category Management principles, latest tools and best practice
- Extensive experience of the following Indirect Categories/Sub categories:
- Professional Services (HR Services, Recruitment, Insurance, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Corporate Consultancy)
- Other Services (Events Management & related Services, Translations Services, Promotional items, Utilities etc.)
- Ability to develop and implement a commodity strategy, covering all aspects such as cost/quality/delivery etc across multi sites
- Experience of tendering and managing high value contracts.
- This role could also suit a Senior Category Buyer looking for the next step up to grow ad develop in their career
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including 8% matched pension, 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development. Plus of course an early finish on a Friday!!
How to apply:
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in learning more please send your CV by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn