We are looking for a number of Category Managers with defence sector experience for a commercial change programme currently being implemented by our client. You will be a Category Manager able to take ownership of categories from concept (business approval), category strategy (analysis) and finally implementation.
Lasting commercial improvement, business change, Value for Money and Cost Savings are the key characteristics of this Category Manager role
- Assessing current strategies, cost data, commodity profiles and business needs
- Category analysis; ensuring spend, contract, performance, supplier and market data is captured, consolidated and segmented to support the category strategy
- Taking ownership of assigned categories, engaging the customers, in order to provide the major influence on strategy direction and delivering category benefits
- Leading change in introducing and embedding category management within a challenging environment
- Applying skills and endeavour to challenge existing boundaries where needed and overcome challenges in implementation
- Driving cost reduction, measures and reviews performance and implements continuous performance improvement, and reporting of benefits realisation of assigned categories
- Supporting the Commercial Lead in acting as a change agent for assigned categories including driving relationships, preparing papers and chairing meetings
- Driving innovation and work with the team to consistently review current tools, processes, governance, and ways of working
- Developing category commercial expertise, ensuring the development of knowledge of market trends, innovation, developing commercial models and enhancements in service or product specifications
- Demonstrable, strong experience in a Category Manager role, delivering complex projects, with large spends and a proven track record
- Commercially-minded as shown by previous expertise/focus
- Experience of working in a Defence environment (essential), including with MoD
- Demonstrate excellence in the ability to deliver the category strategy including Value for Money and cost savings
- Proven strong stakeholder management and SRM at all levels
- Significant experience in Category Management, Contract Management, Procurement & Commercial Excellence
- Experience of leading and upskilling teams
- SC Cleared (ideally)
For more information, or to apply for this Category Manager role please hit 'Apply Now' or contact Chris Hill at JAM Recruitment for more information.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn