Job Ref: AS/76675/GM
Package: $Negotiable + Commission + Benefits
Location: Arlington, VA
Job Type: Regional Sales Manager / Director - IT Infrastructure, Cloud & VAR Sector
Position Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Contact Name: Andy Shaw
Contact Company: JAM Recruitment
Reporting to the Americas Operations Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development and performance of all new business sales activity across: IT infrastructure, cloud & reselling services across the Americas. You will staff and direct the sales and account management team and provide leadership towards the achievement of profitability and growth. In addition, you will establish plans and strategies to expand an existing corporate client base (YTD $115 million) and contribute to the development of training and educational programs for the team.
The responsibilities of the Regional Sales Manager / Director include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for achievement of new business revenue goals.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and direction for all marketing and business development initiatives, including marketing campaigns and projects, benchmarking, corporate communications, RFP responses, proposals, presentations, and website.
- Develop the Americas sales strategy and business plans: implements processes that ensure attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the sales and account management staff.
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective sales to prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Directs the development and implementation of marketing plans.
- Conducts one-on-one reviews with each team member to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of sales and activity performance.
- Designs and provides timely reporting to senior management regarding performance. Maintains accurate records of all sales and activity reports submitted.
- Provides timely and accurate competitive data files.
- Manages and assists in proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Recruits, selects, hires, and trains sales and marketing team members based on criteria agreed upon by senior management. Develops success criteria for the department.
- Ensures that team members meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals, and closes.
- Delegate's authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for team members in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counselling with team members to build motivation and selling skills.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all employees.
- Manages all marketing planning including email and mailing campaigns, telemarketing, advertising, PR, events, and conferences.
- Applicants must have previous sales experience gained within the IT reselling industry
- Strong team leadership experience
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communications.
- Understands contracting and negotiating.
- Effective sales trainer.
- Understands and executes new product development initiatives with management team members.
- Has both short term and long-term strategic focus and the ability to formulate and execute business plans
- Ability to visualise and maximize new business opportunities to produce the best client result and profitability.
Please forward your CV or call Andy Shaw on +44 (0)754 569 7713 via FaceTime, Skype, WhatsApp or Messenger.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Should this position not meet what you are looking for, please forward to someone you feel may be interested in this position.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn