Devonport - Hybrid
6 month initial contract
£65 per hour
- Ensuring the Major Infrastructure Projects (MIP) BIM Standards are applied to the Project, and following the Delivery Team BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Providing Building Information Modelling (BIM) authoring support
- Model authoring - ability to author BIM models to support BIM maturity and supporting activities within design packages as defined in the project Responsibility Matrix.
- Linking BIM models from other task teams and accessing the latest models from the Common Data Environment (CDE). Supporting the Information Exchanges within the CDE solution.
- Producing high quality - families, objects that are parametric based and suitable for the native authoring platforms. Supporting model and content management activities to support digital re-use objectives. Contributing and ensuring model content is appropriately developed and supporting the configuration management principals.
- Referencing as necessary and applying the BIM Authoring standards outlined in the MIP Project Information Standards and the BIM Production Methods and Procedures (PMP) workflows.
- Ensuring the project team meets the BIM level 2 standards as outline in BS1192:4 Collaborative production of information
Part 4: Fulfilling employer's information exchange requirements using COBie - Code of practice. Use the COBie Toolkit for delivering COBie data rich models and; Use the Uniclass Classification Tool for Uniclass Classifications. Understanding on NBS - and applying specification codes to the drawing output sheets, and model parameters/attributes.
- Support for 4D and 5D aspects on the projects, this would relate to preparation of models for 4D purposes, and the issue and working with the project control teams for 5D purposes and the export of BIM models for the estimating community.
- Design of civil engineering, structural engineering and architecture.
- Knowledge and experience of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Knowledge of BIM level 2 suite, but also new emerging standards ISO 19650
- Competent user with a good understanding of the following platforms; Revit, Naviswork, AutoCAD, Inventor, Civils 3d. Must be able to create content in these platforms for the purposes of the project and the scope of this TORR. Awareness of Solibri, Revizto, Synchro, Dynamo, NBS is a benefit as we deploy these technologies.
- Using a Common Data Environment (CDE) to follow the ISO 19650 method of collaboration.
- BIM naming conventions, status codes and revisions. But also object naming standards BS 8541:* Awareness of COBIe, IFC and Uniclass
- demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the process of BIM throughout the design and construction lifecycle.
- This is a UK defence based project. The candidate must be a full UK National with a UK passport. The candidate must not hold dual nationality.
If this sounds like a good fit for you please get in touch with Kate Blackwell at JAM Recruitment as soon as possible.