Are you a competent Vehicle Assembly Test Technician, capable of power and functional testing of the product / system vehicle platform in a manufacturing environment supporting solutions with the Aerospace and Defence sector? If so, the following role could be for you….
The successful candidate will join a thriving and modern environment working from test procedures and engineering instructions on a programme critical to the MOD. You will be tasked with performing precise and methodical completion of a range of test procedures on high value hardware.
You will ensure the safe use of all testing systems, hand tools, jigs / fixtures and measuring equipment.
*We are looking for multiple Vehicle Assembly Test Technicians on up to 36 month fixed term basis*
You will be responsible for:
- Electrical and mechanical assembly and integration of complex systems working from drawings and engineering instruction.
- Use of all hand and air tools
- Use of Jigs, fixtures and measuring tools on precision assemblies.
Working with support from engineering group a methodical and precise approach to ensure successful completion of production tasks on high value hardware.
You will have:
- A comprehensive range of vehicle assembly testing with previous experience in similar roles. (Experience of working with larger type vehicles, such as aircraft, helicopters, military vehicles or armoured fighting vehicles will be a distinct advantage).
- Ability to complete set ups and perform quality and performance testing.
- Ability to test results and work from written instructions with limited supervision.
- Ability to use hand tools and measuring equipment with high accuracy.
- Ability to liaise with the test support and engineering functions.
- Attention to detail and ability to self-inspect work to ensure quality defects are mitigated.
- Complete understanding of "clean as you go"/6S/FOD/Tool control programs mandatory.
- Experienced with quality inspection points and process documentation.
- Either recognised apprenticeship in mechanical / electrical assembly / test or equivalent through work experience gained on the job.
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development
- You will be provided with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance.
- A 4 day working week (Monday-Thursday), a particular favourite amongst the team, giving you every Friday off, to spend more time doing the things you enjoy!!
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***