Analytics Developer required for market leading Technology business supporting National Cyber Customers based in Guildford.
The Analytics Developer will be expected to learn good coding practices to produce robust additions to the platform. This will include gaining in-depth knowledge of the platform architecture, the analytics design ethos and the data architecture and nuances. You will be required to both improve and iterate on existing analytics, as well as design and prototype analytics and visualisations with the oversight of a senior data scientist. Some knowledge of cyber security would be a benefit, but is not required.
You will be responsible for:
- Ascertaining the state of data, data systems and data processes across the organisations, enabling the creation or support of data landscaping exercises, and advise and lead on local improvements whenever appropriate.
- Extracting valuable data and information from unstructured / semi structured noise
- Creating tailored data visualisations, ranging from scheduled static reports to dynamic data dashboards.
- Leading, managing and designing small improvements across the organisation data systems and processes (e.g. new database / schemas; data quality improvement processes)
- Taking ownership of one or more areas of work including planning, identifying risks and regular reports to the project manager or client.
- Engaging with client stakeholders to understand and document the existing data landscape
- Investigating corporate data requirements and applying data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques
- Performing complex and advanced analysis on data from different sources and varying levels of quality, including:
You will have:
- Python experience
- Especially building libraries
- Git Experience
- ETL Tool capabilities
- Ab Initio, Informatica and Oracle ODI
- Big Data / Open Source ETL Tools
- Database Management Systems
- Application Testing Tools
- Configuration Management and Version Control Tools
- Testing strategies and tools
- Infrastructure design
- You'll receive a very competitive salary (please get in touch for details on this) and other benefits including pension, life assurance and 25 days' (plus bank holidays). In addition there are other non-tangible benefits including a commitment to training, development and career development.
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn