ElectroMechanical Design Engineer
Fully remote - 40 hours per week
6 month initial contract
£50 per hour
This position will report to our EWIS manager and will actively contribute to the EWIS development. The Design Engineer is part of an interdisciplinary integrated project team responsible for the complete development of EWIS from architectural definition, through design, verification and certification up to the delivery of the aircraft.
From mechanical or composite parts design to harness routing and optimization of the routing architecture you will play a key role in bringing our innovative aircraft to life.
Your Day to Day:
- Create complex harnesses, assemblies and their routing throughout their lifecycle in CAD (Siemens NX)
- Design and optimize 3D aerospace parts in CAD (Siemens NX)
- Derive electrical system schematics, wiring diagrams and 2D drawings appropriate for production and certification
- Collaborate with engineers of other disciplines, for example Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering
- Prepare and continuously improve processes, guidelines and tools for EWIS design.
Essential Skillset required:
- Minimum 3 years of aerospace experience, with good knowledge of a Part 21J design organization environment
- Experience with electrical harness design and routing in the context of aerospace is required
- Strong knowledge of Siemens NX is beneficial (other CAD tool knowledge will be considered) and Teamcenter
- Knowledge of electrical 2D drawing tools such as Electre, Zuken, Capital Graphics, Autocad Electrical, NX schematics is beneficial
- Good knowledge of aerospace standards and specifications such as AC43.13-1B, ATA chapter 20, ATA 100, S1000D, ARP4754A and DO160 is beneficial
- Demonstrable knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs is required
- Good knowledge of harness routing and installation rules (such as redundancy, segregations, protections, band radius, attachment, marking, etc.) is beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of ISO GPS (alternatively ASME GD&T) and overall good drafting skills are required
If this sounds like a good fit for you please get in touch with Kate Blackwell at JAM Recruitment as soon as possible.