A couple of quotes from recent hires - "The team is the best team of people I've ever worked with" and "I've been working here since 2012 and really enjoy the problem solving involved in my role; there's nothing like seeing something you've designed being completed. You're making something work perfectly in an imperfect environment. I work with the best, up and coming, engineers and love working with such a focused team. I'd recommend working here, we're working in a growing industry, with a big future!"
A rapidly growing supplier of special purpose machinery to the nuclear sector is looking for a Proposal Engineer to join their growing team, which has tripled in size over the last couple of years. The business has experience on every licenced nuclear site in the UK and is involved in projects from design concept right through to manufacturing and subsequent commissioning.
As one of their Proposals Engineers you'll prepare winning bids and take ownership of the end to end bid process including managing opportunities from qualification through to contract award and handover. Some of your key responsibilities will include
- Identifying new opportunities from procurement portals and working with the client's Business Development Managers
- Recording and updating Salesforce
- Breaking down requirements from tendering opportunities into bid deliverables with support from Senior Proposals Engineers
- Interpret drawings / 3D design models and translate into supplier requests for quotations
- Engage and liaise with process owners and the supply chain team to obtain the necessary information
- Produce cost estimates and delivery programmes
- Coordinate bid reviews and bid approvals
To succeed in the role of Proposals Engineer you'll need to have experience of sales / tendering / proposals within an engineering organisation. In addition, you'll need to have experience of report writing, planning / scheduling and preparing tender offers and cost estimates for small value projects.
As a Proposals Engineer within this business, you'll receive a salary of up to £37,000 and other benefits including pension (6% employer contribution), private medical insurance, 25 days' (plus bank holidays) and flexible working. In addition, the company is committed to both training and development along with career progression.
How to apply...
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader so if you're interested in being considered please send your CV by clicking the "Apply Now" button
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn