Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Telecommunications (baseband) Engineer to join their existing team in Bristol 2 days a week on a 6 month contract basis.
As a Telecommunications (baseband) Engineer, your responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- The design of new IP and VoIP system, and upgrades to current infrastructure, to deliver new service capability.
- Ensuring new services and systems meet UK security requirements.
- Managing obsolescence within the existing system to ensure the system remains supportable and compliant to security requirements.
- Managing the installation and configuration of new system elements.
- Test and commissioning of new equipment and services.
To succeed within the role of a Telecommunications (baseband) Engineer, you must have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Cisco accreditation at least CCNA, CCNP preferred.
- Experience in the design and delivery of IP communication networks.
- Knowledge of VoIP network architectures
- Have worked at a telecoms or satellite communication company.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining SC security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!