A company that specialise in data tracking applications and ruggedised devices is seeking to recruit a permanent Technical Support Engineer to work from their Manchester based offices.
As part of a small support team, you will be providing 1st and 2nd line support for inhouse applications, communicating with the customers via email, phone calls and the service desk application.
The main products - an Android Mobile Application, Cloud Back Office, and SQL database are delivered as Software as a Service (SaaS). The software also interacts with external devices e.g., electronic meters, CAN bus, Bluetooth, Printers, etc.
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support to customers
- Handling and resolving tickets via Freshdesk or a comparable software
- Using an MDM (Mobile Device Manager) to help investigate issues, resolutions and roll out of new releases
- Taking ownership of customer issues and taking the appropriate steps to resolve or escalate if further support is required
- Maintain and enhance the technical knowledge base to aid in future problem resolution
- Regularly communicate with customers on progress and timelines of their issues
- Continuous improvement of support team methods, processes, and documentation
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Excellent computer skills
- Good organisational skills, prioritisation, and timekeeping
- Patience and flexibility in the face of changing team priorities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- ITIL knowledge an advantage
- Passport and driving licence
- Own transport is preferred
For more information on this position please email your CV
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn