Would you like to join an international defence company to support their clients by improving the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Technical Author to join their existing team in Bristol (hybrid working) on a 12 month contact.
As a Technical Author, your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Originate both Maintenance and Operational Procedures for in-service equipment
- Produce both structured and unstructured Technical Publications
- Originate graphics and animations in compliance with international writing specifications and/or defence standards.
In addition, you will also be interviewing SMEs and translating those conversations into procedural steps that are technically correct and safe to perform. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and XML is beneficial, and the Author shall be expected to develop these skills.
To succeed within the role of a Technical Author, you'll have experience in a similar position and have the following skills:
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings (and 3D CAD Models) and Bills of Materials (BOM) to originate technical information.
- Experience/knowledge in S1000D
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) and have a command of the 5Cs.
- Hands on experience in supporting defence equipment with a good knowledge of mechanical/electrical/communication systems.
Please note that due to security nature of this role, offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining security clearance. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and will require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
- Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!