Our clien is one of the UK's leading aerospace companies and one of biggest suppliers of defence and security equipment to the UK MoD, making a significant contribution to the UK economy.
This role requires an experienced System Engineer to work closely with the Lead Engineer, Engineering Manager and Development team.
This position is ideally suited to a self-motivated Engineer who has experience in the Virtual machine software field (VMware) and can demonstrate a good working knowledge of Active Directory services and LDAP communication language. The successful candidate would also have proficiency in IP Addressing schemas for the configuration of IP networks.
Key Responsibility Areas
Working with the Lead Engineer and supported by a team of experienced engineers, you will be responsible for:
- Collaboration with sub-contractor on the VM configuration for the system of interest
- Collaboration with sub-contractor on the definition of the Active Directory and LDAP settings for the system of interest
- The integration of VMware and VM's on integration systems
- Collaboration with sub-contractor on the definition and control of the IP addresssing schema for the entire network
- The definition of user roles and their associated privileges for the system and sub-systems
- Collaboration with sub-contractor on the definition and control of the lockdown policy anti-virus installation for the system and sub-systems
- Working closely with other functions to manage design changes and solve problems complex in nature
- Completing tasks in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures to a high standard
- Use technical expertise to solve problems, generate ideas and be pro-active within the IPT
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- VM configuration
- IP addressing and networking
- User profiles and role setting
- Familiar with network lockdown policy
- A degree-level qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A motivated team player
- Experience of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management, system design process including system and sub-system specification, and product verification and validation.
- Experience of working with DOORS requirements engineering tools.
- Experience of design governance and design integrity processes.
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation.
For more information and to apply contact Chris Hill at JAM
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn