Our client who are a large American global aerospace, defence and security company are seeking a Systems Engineer to be based at their offices in Havant on a permanent basis.
This position is for a Maritime Systems Engineer to contribute to developing and growing this line of business including System Engineering activities in support of Maritime opportunity identification activities, operational and design studies, bid support and programme performance (design, development, production, delivery and follow-on support and enhancements).
You will be responsible for:
- Performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
You will have:
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, test and acceptance of Maritime Navigation, Sensor and Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems
- Customer focussed attitude and ability to manage Customer requirements including their decomposition to derive System and Sub-System Specifications
- Experience in supporting the full range of system design activities including generation of technical documentation and preparation/presentation of technical Design Reviews
- Ability to co-ordinate and support Technical Interchange and Working Group meetings with the Customer, Suppliers and other stakeholders
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience of Defence Standards
*** Please note this role requires UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn