* Systems Engineer - Battery Cell Modelling (Remote working, Outside IR35) *
Would you like to join a global aerospace organisation and work with cutting edge technology where you will play a key role in bringing innovative electric aircraft to life?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Systems Engineer - Battery Cell Modelling to add to their talented, hardworking team on a 6 month contract. Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role offers remote working with negotiable hourly rate, outside IR35.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you will not find anywhere else.
As a Systems Engineer - Battery Cell Modelling, you will be responsible for:
- Develop and improve battery cell performance and degradation models under different load conditions and flight profiles using equivalent circuit models and physics-based models
- Translate high-fidelity cell models to simplified, computationally efficient engineering models
- Conduct electrothermal simulations of cells to support development of the aircraft battery system, define operational boundaries and support cell screening & selection activities
- Develop and improve algorithms & tools for cell model parameter inference and optimization based on test results and field data analysis
In addition, you will also develop methods, tools and processes to support modelling activities.
To succeed within the role of a Systems Engineer - Battery Cell Modelling, you will have the following skills:
- Sc. or Ph.D. in Control Engineering, Physics, Electrochemistry or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Li-ion cell modelling and designing cell testing procedures and interpreting their results
- 2+ years of hands-on software development experience in Python and third-party data science libraries like pandas and PySpark
In addition, you should also have experience with MBSE and Matlab/Simulink.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!