***Stress Engineer - R&T Propulsion (Remote working, Outside IR35)***
Would you like to join a global aerospace organisation and work with cutting edge technology where you will play a key role in bringing innovative electric aircraft to life?
Due to a drive for greater success, this advanced manufacturing business is currently searching for a Stress Engineer - R&T Propulsion to add to their talented, hardworking team on a 6 month contract (extension possible). Striving for innovation and creativity you can ensure no two days will be the same. This role offers fully remote working with negotiable hourly rate, outside IR35.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to not only work for a prestigious, advanced organisation, but to gain skills and knowledge you will not find anywhere else.
As a Stress Engineer - R&T Propulsion -you will be responsible for:
- Agile and fast iterating concept evaluation and design improvements based on topology optimization and structural analysis.
- Optimization, pre-sizing, stress and crash and impact analysis of structural components and their interfaces related to the rotating, non-rotating components, and propulsion structures.
- Create, manage, adjust, and validate detailed FE models of sub-components and complete propulsion system structures and their installations, with support for the full workflow of numerical modelling, solving and post-processing.
- Model correlation with static and dynamic test data to drive analysis-based concept decisions and design optimizations.
- Define and develop modelling methods, tools and optimization techniques to support an efficient product pre-/development.
- Support for all structural analysis methods relevant to new technologies and their pre-development.
To succeed within the role of a Stress Engineer - R&T Propulsion, you will have the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience in topology optimization and structural analysis with application to aircraft structures, automotive structures and in the best case to propulsion related structures.
- Strong experience with lightweight design principles of composite materials, metals, adhesives, non-structural materials, and their structural behaviour.
- Excellent knowledge of topology optimization, stress, fatigue, structural dynamics, crash and impact analysis methods following established standards.
- Extensive working experience with commercial implicit tools (knowledge of OptiStruct, Nastran and their corresponding pre/post-processors is of preference) is a must, and with explicit FE codes (i.e. LS-DYNA, Radioss) is beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
- Improve work-life balance
- Be appreciated and valued
- Increase earning potential
If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you!
PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!