Warton, Lancashire - 12 month duration - Pay rate £34.77 PAYE basic (£39.83 p/h including holiday pay) or £44.69 p/h Umbrella.
The Aircrew Training Simulation Systems (ATSS) Systems Engineering Team support the development of simulation products in support of aircrew training for the Typhoon aircraft. The work will typically involve investigations into aircraft behaviour to determine synthetic representation, documentation of all design considerations & production of verification documentation. The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of Avionic Cockpit Group with the ability to lead avionics systems engineering elements of the simulation design to ensure look, feel and behaviour remain consistent with the aircraft baseline.
The successful candidate will be expected to work within a team of Systems Engineers developing simulator capability through effective communication with the ATSS System & Software Development Team. As a Senior Systems Engineer you will work as part of the team responsible for supporting requirement definition, system design, development, integration and qualification through to onsite customer acceptance of the training devices. These devices are deployed to the UK and Typhoon Export customers.
- Key knowledge of Typhoon Avionics and an understanding of the cockpit arrangement & behaviour
- Presentation skills (engineering reviews) and the ability to articulate complex designs issues to a wider audience
- Ability to effectively delegate in order to discharge the work required of this role
- Familiarity with requirements capture and traceability tools/techniques.
- Ability to extract meaningful information from documentation sets and form a justifiable viewpoint
- Rational problem solving
- Good written communication skills i.e. report writing/ useful problem description
- Knowledge of the Typhoon avionic systems or of working with a Typhoon Cockpit would be desirable
Typical responsibilities include:
- Work effectively as a Team member within a Team of engineers to design, develop, test, document, configure and deliver software simulations.
- Develop all products to agreed standards and procedures using the specified tools and maintain product quality during development.
- Test products sufficiently to ensure minimal, or ideally no re-work is required due to incorrect implementation.
- Investigate and resolve problems raised during integration and formal acceptance.
- Agree to and work to timescales, clearly understanding and providing regular feedback of progress and achievement.
- Communicate effectively. Identifying potential risks, seeking clarification and feedback.
- Passing on guidance/tuition to team members with less experience.
- Ensure that source information, advice and validation is provided from the aircraft subject matter experts during all stages of development.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of Software Development Plan (SDP), Software Test Plan (STP) and other documents within the Aircrew Training Simulation Systems.
- Ensure that a good working knowledge of ATSS - related deliverables is maintained and that an awareness of customer issues is also maintained.
- Participate in continuous process improvement.
- Understand and comply with client policies on security, IT facilities, operating procedures, absence and attendance, staff job time recording, Health and Safety and business ethics
This role has been deemed Inside IR35.
Please note that due to the nature of the project involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. You will be able to start in post with a baseline clearance whilst an SC application progresses.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn