As a result of continued growth, a global and cutting-edge manufacturing business is currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their expanding team in Horsham.
Working within this business, you'll be involved in creating the critical components that drive some of the biggest programs in aerospace, defence, industrial and other high-technology markets.
As the Senior Systems Engineer, your task will be to lead the design and development of electrical and electronic systems, hardware and embedded software. As well as leading the design activities and providing expert technical advice and review, is the bridge between the engineering project team, project management and production.
Within the role of the Senior Systems Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Champion the systems engineering discipline within the engineering team, providing continuous improvement to processes, mentoring/training of staff and providing recommendations to the Engineering Director aligned with the Strategic Plan.
- Support project managers in the formation of project plans, estimates, identification and management of risk/issues, project reporting and adherence to schedule and cost.
- Identify cost and schedule reduction opportunities during project planning and through project lifecycle.
In addition, you'll also engage with supply chain, production and test departments throughout the development process to optimise design for manufacture and test
To succeed within the role of a Senior Systems Engineer you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Proven experience of leading and successfully delivering multi-disciplinary projects.
- Design experience in products requiring combined mechanical, electronic and software components.
- Demonstrable passion for the systems engineering discipline.
In addition, a team-orientated approach with the ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
The opportunity for the Senior Systems Engineer role has come about as the company is always looking to grow their current workforce in order to cope with growing demand for products.
With multiple sites within the UK, your career options at this business are endless. Enjoying a career with this business is much more than your regular 9-5 job. You'll do work that moves the world forward and makes a difference.
You'll have the resources required to develop your skills and experience, as wells as receiving guidance from a leadership team that cares about your career progression.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £50,000-£65,000 per annum depending on experience along with a leading benefits package including health insurance and job progression.
To apply for the position of Senior Systems Engineer, please send your CV to the resource centre via the 'apply now' button.
***[PLEASE NOTE: A start date is fast approaching so apply as soon as possible!]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn