Would you like to join a market leading organisation? Due to continued investment, this global business is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Java) to support their existing team in Weymouth on a 6 to 12 month contract.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Java), you will be responsible for:
- Support principal engineer to review and guide the elaboration of derived software requirements at the outset of the project.
- Design, code and unit test software in accordance with the company's procedure and project specific requirements.
- Implement software that is maintainable and is fit for purpose (meet the requirements).
In addition, you will also undertake all integration and test activities when required and work within multi-disciplinary teams in an international context including government officials.
To succeed within the role of Technical Lead, you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of software engineering full lifecycle.
- Customer facing experience in a formal acceptance test environment.
- Knowledge of formal requirements capture and analysis (using DOORS)
- Robust experience of UML and OO design methodologies.
- Experience of real time designs, programming concepts and design patterns.
- Proficiency in Java.
- Experience in defence environment/SONAR
- Proficiency in C++
*** Please note these roles require UK defence security clearance to SC level as a minimum, you must be SC clearable to apply for this role ***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn